Google

Monday, April 16, 2007

Foreign object in my eye

I learned a very amazing fact about human eyes.
Yesterday, somehow a tiny piece of glass got in to my right eye. As you can see in the picture, that piece of glass is quite big. And it just flew in there while I was cleaning a broken window.

At first, I was scared coz I can feel this object inside of my eye but somehow it didn't really do anything to effect my eye to function properly other than just annoyed me so bad. After a few minutes I can't even feel it's in there and I went on with my cleaning business while it stayed there for more than 2 hours. But, in the mean time I tried to keep on yawning to keep my eyes watery and wet. I really thought that it went all the way to the back of my eye into my brain and I was afraid that it might cause a brain tumor or something.

I kept on doing my fake yawning, I really felt sleepy afterwards and did yawn a lot (real yawn). And I couldn't even feel with my finger the object from outside of my eyelid. But, the yawning produced a lot of tears. As I was cleaning up the tears from my eyes and did a cleaning-your-eye-wax motion, there it was that annoying thing somehow ended up on my index finger.

Wow! the first thing that came into my mind was how amazing our body is. Even more, how wonderfully designed it is. I don't believe for a second that evolution coincidently created such a great clean up system of a very delicate component of a larger complex body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home